PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, December 21, 2009

Let it Snow!


In case you missed the news..it snowed where I live. A lot.



I have spent hours upon hours watching The Weather Channel. Next to ESPN, its Mr. W's fave network. Being the son of two teachers, Mr. Dub's big heart just melts for snow. As a child it meant all his family got to steal a day together when school was canceled. As a man, it means he can put his car into 4-wheel drive.


"We're fine, we've got 4-wheel drive"

And so he did....As the rest of the Capitol Region cuddled down in their homes to watch the Senate on C-SPAN Christmas movies and drink hot cocoa, Mr. Dubs went joyriding. Mounds of snow would not come between this man and the fourth disc of the second season of Mad Men.


Don Draper's caddy won't get you here in a blizzard

For a dog who despises the rain, Chloe - like her father - adores the snow. How I wish I had video of her initial plunge from the porch. She's only ten inches tall, you know...so you can image what happened when she came bolting out the door as she always does for her morning walk. When she hit the powder, all we saw for a second were ears, flying ears as she disappeared into the dusty white...which is not a fun way to start one's winter romp....


How tempting is it to caption this photo "Frigid Bitch"?  But that would just be tacky!

I do have to brag on how resourceful she is, though. Please check out the trail she blazed for doing her business. I think she'll be an engineer when she grows up!



I better get a really good treat for this!

Poor Diggers Dog! By the look on her face you'd never believe that minutes later she was on the couch, stalking out some snackage...with great sucesss, in fact...


just before she settled down for a long winter's nap.




What I like about the snow is it validates my being a shameless homebody. Sure, I love a good party as much as the next girl. But give me a worthy reason for NOT leaving my house all day...for not taking off my red Christmas PJ pants and I am h-a-p-p-y. I am also h-u-n-g-r-y!

This weekend I cooked a lot: sausage biscuits, peanut butter cookies, sugar cookies, sausage balls, chicken pot pie, red velvet cake balls and hot onion dip. Check back in a bit...I'll be sharing the dip recipe - it is cheap, easy and very yummy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails