PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, December 21, 2009

Hot Onion Dip

If you are ever stuck in a blizzard without a brave, 4-wheel drivin' Mr W to take you to the store, it is highly likely that you already have in your fridge all you need to make the perfect snowy snack - Hot Onion Dip.



It's so easy it's embarassing to even dedicate a blog entry to it. Howevs, it's so good, I'd be mean not to share. I first tasted this when a family friend brought it to a pool party. It's delish year-round, but especially perfect for winter because it comes out of the oven all bubbley and warm.

This weekend I made a small portion, but I'm going to share the full recipe with you.

The only real effort in making it is chopping an onion, but I used this magic chopper from The Pampered Chef.



Mine is a hand-me-down from my mom who claimed it didn't work for her. It works for me! Put part of the onion in the chopper and start pounding the top of it....


Seconds later...your work is done. No smelly hands, no teary eyes!



Mix the chopped onions with mayo, cream cheese and parmesan....



After baking at 400 for 30-minutes, it will be bubbley, brown and appetizing...just as an appetizer should!




RECIPE

HOT ONION DIP
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened

1 onion, finely chopped
2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
 
Mix all ingredients together. It's ok if you top with more cheese before putting it in the oven, too! Bake for 30 minutes at 400-degrees

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails