PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Momtinis & Manicures - A Spa Day Baby Shower

Despite one uninvited guest, the Momtinis + Manicures baby shower celebrating my mom-to-be friend Megan went on as planned this weekend...


Not pictured: Hurricane Irene.

Megan didn't want lots of baby brew-haha, just a relaxing day with friends (half of whom are expecting or have just had a baby themselves!)...
The guest-of-honor sipping on a Pink Grapefruit Mock-a-rita

So, we opted to give a party that was more about mom....

than baby.

Margaret at GoodInvites was asked to model the invitiation off an OPI bottle, only using Megan's initials instead of "OPI", and she came up with the cute invitation above, and some other signage to match, like this card for the monogrammed cookie favors...


and these cupcake toppers, that were hot-glued to an emery board - theme devotion at all turns, people!

Because we knew our guests would be busy with the primpage...


...instead of a big food table...


the hosts passed bite-sized snacks to the ladies...

as they got their pedicures...

and manciures.


In between all the food and the Raspberry Momtinis...

Kathleen - bartender + gamer


we managed to play two really fun games. No melted chocolate in diapers for this crew...


We're more of the Hollywood A-list kind.

The prize for the winners? A bottle of nail polish, of course.

Irene did cut short our post-party plans for dinner, as afterwards everyone rushed home to hunker down...

 When there isn't a hurricane, the spa keeps its TVs on E!

but it was still a great day. What, afterall all, is a shower...without a little rain?!

Tomorrow, I'll share drink recipes! They were DELISH!

Photobucket




8 comments:

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

SO much fun! I love everything from the food/sweets down to the invitation! What a cute idea! xx

Dee Stephens said...

As you may or may not know - I am not a fan of 'showers'. AT.ALL.
The baby ones are so freaking boring but this one ROCKS! I might have to steal it one day :) The game is the best!

Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

What fun! I just might have to steal that idea from you! Those appetizers looked amazing!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness-that is such a cute idea!! Looks like a fabulous time and the food looks divine! xoxo

Randi said...

That is TOO precious!! I will have to remember this for the next baby shower I throw -- especially for a 2nd baby!!

Deviled Megs said...

This looks like SO much fun -- what an adorable idea. And, oddly enough, I think I know one of the attendees I saw in the photo.

Laural @ Being Healthier said...

what a fantastic time!!! I wish I was there seriously- those passed bites looks amazing. glad irene didn't damper your party!

Leigh Powell Hines said...

What an absolute great party. So clever. I think you need to get into the party business. Great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails