PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Diggers Dog and Mr. Dubs

The link most clicked on from my first blog was the About Me link. I'm not surprised; when I stumble on a new blog that's the first thing I click. So, in order for you to fully understand how my world turns, I am going to give you a sneak peak into its leading characters.




Meet Chloe - she's an only child. This very petite basset hound loves steak, marshmallows and belly rubs. I talk to her like she is a human. Her adorable dog bed, in beautiful shades of orange and brown, was purchased before I bought bedding for my own bed. Clearly, she is an inspiration in our home. Her dad and I just love her. She can't stand to be photographed. She's more vampire than dog in that vein, so this perfect mug is very rare.


Usually all her pictures look like this...
You can't make me look at you, Mom
Though Chloe is her given name, she answers most often to Diggers. It's a nickname born from a song I sing about her and sing to her. Chlo-Diggity...Chlo-Diggity.

This is Chloe's Dad...



He looks so studly and serious here. Since all the best girly bloggers call their men by names other than their God-given ones, I'm calling this guy Mr. W.  Mr. Dubs and I met on match.com. Yes, we really did. Where else do grown-ups go to date after having exhausted work colleagues, friends-of-friends, and people at church? My dating profile claimed that my type was "Tall, Dark and Balding" and Mr. W flooded my inbox with sonnets. Not true at all. It was I who found Mr. W...and baited him with my knowledge of college football and Caribbean bars.


Here's Mr. W with my dad the day we got married...



Have you ever seen a more awkward photo? It makes me cackle!!! Daddy and Mr. Dubs get along great, but would never bromance in such an embrace unprompted by a photographer. This one where they're keeping their distance tells a much truer story of their relationship...



Mr. W is in the business of computers...but he doesn't read blogs. He only reads about sports.  We live together in the suburbs not far from sleepy farm towns, beautiful Bay waters and two bustling cities.


Well. Now that we have all the formal introductions of Team IDD out of the way, I can start talking about things like food and decorating. Come back soon....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails