PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Change of A Dress

I've moved! Thanks for stalking me out at my new digs. I needed a fresh start because lately my life has been full of change. Change...and abandonement. I blame it all on this dress:






I wore it just weeks ago, stuffed into two (yes, 2!) pairs of Spanx AFTER letting a spa tech fully wrap my 30-something frame in wet ACE bandages dripping with some special solution that was supposed to instantly make me skinny. Then I walked on a treadmill for 45 minutes while watching City of Angels (in tight, TIGHT dripping bandages with Ziploc baggies rubberbanded around my hands and feet to catch my water weight). That is how I spent the day before my wedding (and if I'd checked Allow Adult Content when setting up this new blog, I could have told you about the blisters that were left when the mummy met the treadmill,  but I didn't...so you're spared). Since the bandages came off and the dress went on, it's been a crazy whirlwind of celebrating...


Everyone said I had a bridal glow. While indeed happy, I think the glow was a result of the spark that ignites when two pair of Spanx rub together on a dancefloor...


honeymooning....


One of many indulgent meals in Marbella, Spain

and then being pushed off my big, fluffy cloud only to land back into the Real World. Working. Commuting. Oh, the commutting. Eating with abandon all the delights I denied myself pre-wedding. Learning, still, to live very 'burbalicously after seven years in the city. Trying to be more grateful that I have new china and crystal, instead of being bitter that I don't yet have a cabinet and fancy dining room in which to display them.

This storage set, however, is pretty great in the interim.




Photo Credit: Crate & Barrel


In the course of all my highs and lows (I'm no longer talking about my weight...) I sort of abandoned key areas of my world...like laundry, and regulur manicures. I tend to be a very focused woman...if  by focused you mean I only give attention and detail to the things that interest me.  With everything else....housework, for example, I can be quite mediocre. That explains why my other blog was left unupdated for months after my return to the work force following a 10-month laid-off stint I recall so fondly as Funemployment, as well as the reason my current dry cleaning bill is not too much less than my car payment. Also, I become a bit unorganized if I lose "focus"....


But I do love fresh starts, so here I am with a new blog...and new hopes of using it as an excuse and motivation to showcase whimsical, happy things that excite me - the life I'm making with a ton of friends + family, home decor, party planning, cooking, travel, books and other frivolous pop culture...

If you listen to me babble, I'll show you life between The Beltway and the Burbs.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails