PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, November 20, 2009

Vampires Suck.

Nope, I will not be seeing the New Moon movie tonight. I saw Twilight (on a free pass) and laughed the entire way through it because it was so silly to me!  My attempts at trying to like the vampire TV shows date back to Buffy.  I can't even bring myself to pick up any of the book series because I just don't get it.  Every time some new blood suckers show up on screens - small, Silver or Kindle DX - my blood boils a little.

No one has ever accused me of being an intellectual snob - it's not that I think I'm not too serious for vampires. I am shamelessly swept away by pop culture. I watch reality shows. Sometimes when I walk down the halls at work I pretend I'm Joan Holloway Harris. I know what Kourtney Kardashian's baby shower invitation looked like. Former co-workers once gave me the nickname LCD, which stands for Lowest Common Denominator, because I didn't pretend to enjoy reading National Journal more than PEOPLE.

The truth is, I'm kind of sad I'm not part of the vampire madness.  I realize I am missing out on all the exquisiteness of Edward, and all the husky, renaissance-redneck charms of the "boys" from Bon Temp. I admit it...it bites.  I feel totally left out of the excitement because I love nothing more than to log on to Fandango to pre-purchase a movie ticket, and then sneak in to the theater with champers and M&Ms to share with all my friends.  All these GNOs are going down tonight...and I will not be part of it .

Let the countdown begin for Eat, Pray, Love to arrive in theaters!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails