PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

caught RED-handed

**enter here to win a signed copy of Secrets of the Mommyhood**

This is me trying to decrypt the liner notes from the new Taylor Swift album, RED. 


MAPLE LATTES. FOR ETHEL. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW.

I can't help it, I'm a TSwift apologist. I feel like I can very much own this because I didn't read any of those vampire books. I claim vampire immunity a lot when justifying very common practices (see above, I'd just finished rereading War and Peace). I can champion songs that are straight up US Weekly to music because I was never on any of the vampire teams. So I did this weekend, combing through the lyrics to unriddle Taylor's vague but oh-so telling messages. I can't tell you how much it intrigued me. And made me feel 13. I feel like in 2013 I'll be making heart hands at her concert. Dan says he'll take me. He's my Joe, Jake, John, Connor, Taylor (aka Jacob) Edward. 

For her part, Chloe says she'd rather hear a dog whistle, which totally shocked me. I figured she'd be all ears for songs about puppy love. 

4 comments:

MCW said...

Haha! That is great! I heart her too.

Dee Stephens said...

I like her, but Brad? OMG! He can't stand her for some reason. He doesn't understand the hype at all.

Leigh Powell Hines said...

I think she is a great songwriter, not sure if I love her singing. But,I like her music. But, I'm also one to talk because I love One Direction.

Courtney B said...

I must admit... I think Taylor Swift is a doll but I can't stand her music!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails