PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, July 21, 2011

D.C. Power Lunching

As in most cities, food trucks are all the rage these days in Washington. It's not always easy to track them down as they roam from stop to stop, but once a month, a ton of trucks roll into a big lot near Nationals Stadium...


I went last week with some co-workers...



As the diet would allow, I made stops at the homemade popsicle and the lobster trucks, respectively...


Though, what I really wanted was a fancy grilled cheese...

and a cupcake!


There's a band, a beer/wine/margarita garden and the crowd is full of everyone from power players to students.


I don't know why the food trucks don't do this EVERY Friday - there were tons of people there, and I  think it could bring a whole new casual, summery feel to D.C. power lunching!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

They have the food trucks out in Uptown Charlotte on Thursdays but have yet to go.
This looks super fun and I'm with you, the grilled cheese sounds good!

Leigh Powell Hines said...

I agree. Neat display.

Unknown said...

so fun, is there a specific date they do this? I would love to go! Hope y'all are having a fantastic summer and staying cool!

JDB said...

The best red velvet cupcake I have ever eaten came from a food trailer in Austin, TX. It's definitely good eatin'!

Kelly said...

Love the Lobster Truck! During November recess last year a group of us stood out on the Hill for at least 45 minutes in the cold for the lobster -- haven't had it since then, but reading your post has me craving it!

Kelly said...

Love the Lobster Truck! During November recess last year a group of us stood out on the Hill in the cold for at least 45 minutes to get the lobster! Haven't had it since then, but reading your post has me craving it!

Whitney and the Preppy Puppies said...

I'm so sad I missed Truckeroo this month but we're so over it in August. And I think they've extended the time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails