- The party was held inside this elegant, stately ballroom:
photo credit: DC UrbanTurf
- The first person I met was named Nigel. The second person I met was named Nigel.
- Inside the ballroom is the original Warhol painting of Queen Elizabeth.
photo credit: artnet.com
- In stark contrast to how Americans speak about our Country's leaders, every person from the UK that I met spoke with such enthusiasum and reverance about the Queen - it was refreshing!
- The food was delish, and passed not from silver trays, but silver bowls - I found that interesting and attractive.
- In addition to the bar, the wait staff roamed the crowd with bottles of wine + bubbles, topping off guests' glasses as they stood chatting - a very nice touch I will surely copy should I ever hire staff for a party I host.
- The odds that I'll ever hire staff for a party in my non-ballroomed home are as off the charts low as my getting an invite to The Wedding.
- Everyone is talking about The Wedding - even nerdy, wonky DC types.
- The number of Kate Middleton wannabes in wrap-ish dresses last night: 4 (including yours truly)
- Kate Middleton was there and she was the belle of the ball!
- Kate Middleton, who works on Capitol Hill.
- What, you thought I meant Catherine?