PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Confession

I still buy compact discs. You know, CDs? Like, from the store...


I remember when the DVD hit the scene back in the late 90's. I swore it'd never take off, and refused to indulge in the trend. I couldn't imagine how people would give up their VCRs, set to tape their favorite shows,  just to watch movies on occassion. I knew there were too many Days of Our Lives fans out there to let that happen.


So, I was wrong. Now I think the DVR - and its DVD cousin, I suppose -  is one of the greatest inventions of all time, but ten or so years ago I couldn't have imagined how technology (and The SOAP Network) would make all the elements of home entertainment fall so perfectly into place.


Still, despite owning two iPods and even one of those speaker docking things from which to play it for the masses, I still like to buy my music brick and mortar style. I like reading CD liner notes. Because I don't like fooling with an iPod while driving, I like being able to choose a particular CD I want to hear while in the car. Perhaps in a decade or so I'll change my tune, but for now, I am old-school with my music.


As all music buyers, both electronic and from the Target know, Tuesday is the day that new albums can be purchased. That's why at lunch I'll be going to pick up these:




Because I've already listened to each online I know I want to own them...


What trend were/are you slow to embrace?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! love it! I like to buy CD's from my favorite bands and artists because I feel like I'm showing more support rather than just buying the album on iTunes.

Kate Spears said...

i was never a cd buyer...i still have a ton of cassette tapes and tried for awhile to bring back the sony walkman. i've never had an ipod or a phone with internet capabilities. i only joined twitter like a month ago. yeah, i'm what the marketing segmenters call "a laggard" or "late adopter"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails