PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thoughts from 3000-ish Feet

Until last week, I'd only been in a helicopter one other time - as a little girl, in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.  Y'all know I think East Tennessee is God's Country, but.....Kauia by air sort of trumps ariel shots of Dollywood.


In fact, Kauia at 3000 feet is probably the most breathtaking, majestic and amazing sight I've ever seen. I was really marveled by it, and caught myself over and over telling God what good work He'd done.

Clooney and company aren't the only folks who recognize the beauty of Kauia - South Pacific, Jurassic ParkTropic Thunder and even one episode of The Bachelor are mong a long list of movies and television shows shot on the island. Johnny Depp will be arriving there soon to shoot the next Pirates of Carribean, rumor has it...

Not that these photos come close to doing it justice, but here's a peak at some of what I saw...


There were more waterfalls than I could count......

Canyons, deep and wide....


and lush vegetation that carpeted mountains for miles and miles....


Mr W loved every minute of it! He was like a wide-eyed little boy pointing and staring at each new view.....


While being so close to such beautiful landscape was fantastic, I was more than happy to put my feet back on the ground as I came very close to using my Aloha Bag.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails