PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, February 8, 2010

How To Survive a Blizzard



Southern girls should not see this much snow unless they are visiting Tahoe, living out the lyrics to Dolly and Kenny's Christmas to Remember song.




It's a good thing that, despite not being used to inclement weather, I do know a thing or two about being a homebody. This is how cabin fever was medicated in my house:


A shovel...


AND a screw driver (of both the Phillips and the vodka variety). The snow was so high on our front door....

that Mr. W had to remove the glass panel, and shovel us out from the inside....



Shoveling is hard work (so I hear...)! After hours of laboring, Mr Dubs needed fuel to recharge, so I had to cook! Crossing off one item on my New Year's Resolutions list, I stirred up a piping hot pot of chicken and dumplins.

I used this recipe from the January Southern Living.
The recipe makes a very large portion, and is as yummy heated up as when originally served.
It has earned its place as the official snow dish in my house for all blizzards yet to come because it is warm and filling...and it takes a good two hours or so to make- the perfect way to pass time for the home bound cook!

Once our tummies were full, it was time to relax!


Four inches of snow for a 10 inch dog = FUN! Twenty-plus inches of snow for a 10 inch dog = EXHAUSTING!

Once my lazy family pooped out on me, I found company in some romance, action, drama...and candy.


And in the stories of warmer, sunnier places...

BUT, have you seen this week's weather forecast? It looks like we could be doing Blizzard Survival ALL over again by tomorrow!

3 comments:

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

ummmm that is def some massive snow! brrrrrrrrrrrrrr
chicken and dumplings in a fav in our house! the boys beg for it!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

My poor bestie has been stuck in Annapolis since Thurs!

Anonymous said...

That soup looks delicious! Keep warm.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails