PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, January 22, 2010

Show Us Your Life: Favorite Places To Shop



Show Us Your Life is a weekly blog event hosted each Friday by Kelly's Korner where bloggers induldge readers with fun facts about their worlds.
__________________________________________________________________________________



I have plenty of vices. Shopping has never been one of them (Mr. W is laughing in disagreement as he reads this, I know - but I'm not lying). I certainly love buying new things for the house, for myself, for others...but I tend to shop only when there is a need - a party, a wedding, a big day at work that needs a special outfit. Likewise, if I am hosting a dinner or a party I'll go in search of new dishes or a tablecloth. I do tend to get in my head a look I want to execute, either for myself or my house and the first place I usually go to tickle my fancy is...don't laugh....ROSS.

Not all ROSSes are created equal, I know, but the nearest to me is pretty fabulous. And when I say "near", I mean if where I live was broken into city blocks, I could walk - proximity lends to my ROSS Love, as well!

It goes without saying that one cannot love ROSS without also loving his cousins, TJ Maxx and Marshalls. I've bought countless name-brand dresses at those stores, like this Theory one I wore for engagement pictures....



or this orange number that I wore ALL summer long...



I buy nearly all of Mr Dub's button-downs there, with labels like Vineyard Vines and Ralph Lauren...and with price tags half (sometimes even less) than what hang on shirts in department stores. The TJ-MarshROSS trifecta is always a reliable - and affordable - resource for pillows, linens, rugs and fun kitchen happies!


Yes, it's hit-or-miss...and some people hate having to scavenge, but for the deals I find at these stores, it's all worth it to me!






I also have a mega retail crush on The Old Luckett's Store.  I love it so much it garnered a mention in a toast at my wedding! I have blogged about it time and again. Luckett's - which is actually three stores and a flea market-like parking lot all on one property - houses antiques, furniture, rugs and a ton of other really unique decor for home and garden...



.....even vintage clothes and hats!



Plus...in its Design House, apps and drinks (read: wine and Cosmos!) are always served to shoppers. Even if you're not in the market to buy, going there, out in the middle of beautiful Virginia makes for a really fun Girls' Day!




Next week's Show Us Your Life topic: Fashion Tips 

1 comment:

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

ur dress and boots were gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails