1. It only has 3 ingredients
2. It's cheap and easy to make
3. You can can make it in advance
4. You can mold it into the shape of a baby rattle!
5. You can mold it into the shape of a...baseball??!!
Here's what the rattle shape should look like when done correctly....
From a shower I did for my friend Carrie
This was my attempt for Cassie's shower. It was a homerun with guests in that nearly every bite was gone. However, Cassie thought it was supposed to be a baseball, making the effort at creative catering on my part a real strike...
It does sort of look like a baseball...I forgot the extra row of nuts for detailing! But learn from my mistake...and serve it at a sports themed event!
There are a few reasons why (in spite of its yumness) Buffalo Chicken Dip is not perfect for serving at a baby shower unless so craved by the Mom-to-be
1. It's heavy
2. It's spicy
3. It has the word "Buffalo" in it
4. By the time the baby of the mom you're showering is a a year old, you'll still have the weight you gained from eating it on your hips
5. It belongs at a Super Bowl party or a tailgate - calories don't count when you're cheering for your favorite team.
Here are the recipes for both!
Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip
1 (8 oz) block cream cheese
1 can chopped pineapples
Chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
(to make the large rattle for showers, I double the cream cheese)
Mix cream cheese with a mixer, spooning in pineapples (I do this to taste) and nuts until very creamy
Shape into round, chill overnight
Buffalo Chicken Dip