PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Saying I Do: Anne and Michael {Part 2}

It was a nice day for a snow white wedding!!!!

Check out the fur stole by clicking on this picture....I would get married again in December JUST to wear it!

All the girls gathered in Anne's suite at The Fairfax Hotel downtown, sight of the reception and the host hotel for all the guest, for hair, make-up and wedding day giddiness!

Bridesmaids watching the snow fall on Washington

I love a bride who stay's in theme all day - check out Anne's navy getting ready dress. She wore navy to the rehearsal dinner, too!

Disclaimer: I know this day was never about me, but my hair (I threw caution to the snow and requested curls - bad idea with my natural waves)  turned out freakish, so bad that I felt like I had let down the Bride. Think Amadeus. Think Nellie Olson from Little House on the Prairie. If I am photoshopped from all wedding pictures, I will not be surprised or offended.


The Bride was glamourous! Here she is with her sister/maitron-of-honor....



And in route to the church with the Mother of the Bride...

Because my curls and I were busy bridesmaiding, I have no photos of the ceremony, but I will tell you this: The church, Holy Trinity in Georgetown (where Tim Russert's funeral was held), is so pretty. There were giant altar arrangements in raspberry, the musicians were wonderful, and the vows...so sweet.


After the ceremony, while awaiting the arrival of the Newlyweds, guests had cocktails in a balcony above the ballroom where dinner would be served. In what may be one of the all-time most WOW moments of any wedding ever, the "walls" of the balcony peeled back as the band started playing to reveal this spectacular ballroom, wait staff at your service. All the guests hurried to the balcony to see what all the oohs and ahhs were about - it was a bride's dream!
Squint hard and you can see...so sorry about the poor photo quality



Amidsts these amazing flowers.....
Notice the evergreen? Such a perfect, sublte nod to Christmas!

...guests dined...



on butternut squash soup...


a yummy mixed-berry salad I can't wait to recreate....

...filet and crab cakes, served atop mushroom risotto, with a spicy remoulade sauce (a nod to the groom's New Orleans roots).


Then there was cake...fruit-filled and buttercreamed....I love cake....

and I love confections...especially when served up by sweet friends...
The Savs!

The Arnolds came, on their first date night post-baby.....

and they danced....

Everyone danced...especially when the band played When the Saints Go Marching In

At the bride's request, Mrs. A and I even clogged to Rocky Top. All by ourselves. Surrounded by LSU fans. We both just hate being the center of attention so it was hard. Except the opposite of that. I am very serious when I say I hope there are no pictures of our little number....there is in-the-moment attention, and then there is awkardness capture for a lifetime. I can do without that....

Happiness for a lifetime, however....that is what I wish for Anne and Michael, who are now honeymooning in St. Lucia! Thank you for letting me be part of your most beautiful day...even with my crazy curls!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails