PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, December 19, 2011

A Cheeky Christmas Greeting

It's hard when you have no kids to showcase and you spend all year blogging about your dog to come up with a Christmas card featuring a family of two plus fur, year after year, that isn't tired or gratuitous...or just plain boring.  So, when in doubt this Christmas I did what I always do when under pressure: make fun of myself (and by default, Dan).  

On the back, not to be forgotten, the Diggers dog gets in on the action, too...


I had another silly idea in mind, but when we shot the pictures, it just didn't translate. Then my friend Kim (who suffered through the aforementioned photo shoot as our photographer) posted a joke card not unlike this one on Facebook that I thought was SO funny, so I decided to steal the theme. I mean, if we're to illustrate what our year looked like, the photo above is representative of many a moment...

One night out on Capitol Hill I had a bartender snap the photo of us. Does it get more classy than a beer in your Christmas card photo? We like to think....not at all.

Photobucket

9 comments:

nomo wino daph said...

I LOVE IT!!!! LOVE!!!

I saw one of a family of like 4-5 all on their iPhones..I would have SO done it had mine not already been taking & at the printers!!

Merry Christmas Friend,
XO

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT!! I'm never bold enough to do that!

Katie @ Team Skelley said...

Awesome!

Dee Stephens said...

Yes, I love it! Chloe too :)

Deviled Megs said...

I LOVE IT -- such a fun card!

MCW said...

Beer should be in every Christmas card! I am assuming you finished yours :)

Leigh Powell Hines said...

Love it. Great. Advertising, too.

So cute and clever.

Tricia said...

Love this!! :) Merry Christmas!!

Whitney from Washington said...

What a CUTE idea!!! Merry Christmas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails