PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, October 21, 2011

"White Trash on the Move"

When Cassie and I were in high school, her dad, Dr. Bob, jokingly called us White Trash On The Move.

circa 1994

This was offered lovingly, and with humor; if you know Bob you wouldn't think it was anything mean...just funny, especially since we weren't wild children.  As Elle Woods would argue, "Because I'm not a Vanderbilt, suddenly I'm white trash?"

Not exactly, but...
  • Spending upwards of 90 minutes AquaNetting one's self and tight-rolling jeans just to go cruise the Hardee's parking lot?
According to Dr. Bob, that's White Trash on the Move.

As we grew up, we remained One The Move...
White hose on high school gradution day = OTM!

and we started to recognize for ourself when things were becoming a tad WT... 
  • Getting asked to leave the UGA press box because you really weren't a sports reporter despite your glossy press pass (that didn't come with an And Guest option - who knew) ?
That's earned a spot in our WT Hall of Fame.

  • Tennis shoes and nada-Prada knocks-off at the White House?

On the Move!

A few months ago, Cas and her husband, Mike were invited to a Carribean destination wedding. Dan + I had enough Marriott points for a week in the same place, so naturally we decided to go crash the wedding make a trip out of it together. Only thing is...none of us had ever heard of said locale (nor had most of people we told), and we had to use a little Hooked On Phonics to figure out how to even pronounce it.  What do you do for a sick pig, Dan quizzed?

Cure a sow!

All this week, Dan + I have been together in Curacao with Cassie and her husband Mike...on, as it's come to be known between Cas + me, The Pig Trip.  
  • Needing your passport to travel to a place you can't easily pronounce?
If that's not White Trash on the Move, I don't know what is...

Photobucket

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great survey, I love your site.

My Blog:
kaffemaschine und Senseo

Whitney from Washington said...

Love it! I hope you are having a wonderful time with your BFF and the hubbies! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

I love this! My friends and I have a fun phrase that no one else gets or understands as well. When we were in middle school we all got busted for stealing gel pens from office depot. The way we got busted is I left my purse in my moms car with all of our items in it (I had the largest purse so naturally they all went in there). I immediately started to call my mom and act sketchy about why she should bring me my purse, so of course she checks it out. I took all the blame and wouldn't rat out my friends so now whenever any of us is blamed for something, having a bad day, sticks their foot in their mouth ect.. We say that they're holding the purse. LOL

}Let me just say my crime days ended with gel pens in the 6th grade.{ :)

Leigh Powell Hines said...

You're a hoot.

I have trouble pronouncing it, too.

Lovely little place though.

Hope you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

You pretty much said what i could not effectively communicate. +1

My blog:
dsl anbieter im vergleich oder dsl vergleich

Cassie said...

I thought for the most party we were pretty much NOT WTOTM on this trip. Does this mean we have in fact grown up? I hate to think so...

MondoMOM said...

Really nice post. It's amazing how friends evolve together over time.

amy (metz) walker said...

Hilarious! I love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails