PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Something Bubbly for Something Borrowed

After being serious yesterday, let's get back to the superfluous today, shall we....?

As you may have gathered, my friends + I are big time socialites: we rarely miss the opening of a chick flick.  High rollin', I know...


What to some is just the chance for buttery popcorn and the empty hope for a teenager-free theater is to us a real night on the town. Someone call TMZ!


Friday will find us trading in our Fandango'ed tickets to watch Something Borrowed. As latecomers, but big fans, of the Emily Giffin book that inspired the film, we're already invested. Plus, there's Kate Hudson, who after serious ponder on the topic of romantic comedies, emerged as likely my favorite leading lady of this genre.

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days {Frost yourselves!}, Bride Wars {Your wedding better watch it!}...those movies I've seen a zillion times, but if my TV remote lands on either's weekend cable feature, I'm locked in for viewing. Here's hoping SoBo will join equal ranks.


As part of the exclusive, see-it-before-its-available-via-Redbox social sphere in which I live, I often take the experience up a notch by sneaking alcohol into the movie theater. Nothing too heavy, just champagne or wine. This slight misdemeanor, save speeding on the Beltway, is the one facet in life where I don't just live on the edge, but I dance there. It's also very classy...in a screw top/4-pack kind of way....

So, last night instead of excercising, doing laundry or donating my time to a worthy charity, I made favors for Friday's box-office bash.. A little something bubbly for Something Borrowed....



and some candy kisses, too - three each for the love triangle plot of the movie. Tied up, in advance of SoBo's sequel, in Something Blue.


I'll tote these pretties, right past the theater authorties, in an oversized purse and when the lights go down I will pass them out to my friends. They will love the free booze and the chocolate, and in the moment it will make everyone's being together all the more festive. Then later when they are home, digging candy wrappers and champers screw tops from their handbags, they will wonder about me, about why I make such silly to-do over movie nights, then falling asleep they'll think, Bless her heart, she needs to get a life.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

I can only wonder what Dan must say! Cute idea!

Emily said...

Love it! I'm going on Tuesday with some of my friends--and I am totally going to copy your idea!!! Thank You :) (I'm also a fan of carrying a huge purse into the movies to sneak in my candy--but I always have to splurge on the popcorn--so delish)

Leigh Powell Hines said...

What a cute idea. You would be a great friend to live near. Move to Raleigh.

Tricia said...

I adore these little gifts for the girls, and I can't wait to see this movie! Hope y'all had a great gals date night!

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

Oh, I can't wait to see this movie! I love me some chick flicks.

I live in Scotland and they serve alcohol at the theater's here! Crazy right?! You can get wine, beer, and champagne to order along with your popcorn. They have these cute little plastic wine cups or beer glasses. You can also bring your own snacks. You just walk right in with your bag of goodies for all the world to see. I love it! We pop our own corn,, bring our own soda's and all the chocolate we want!

CMS Websites said...

Fantastic this post and beautiful all pics . really interesting details share in the post and pretty Look. second pics very funny i love it. thanks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails