PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Vintage Christmas Commercials

If I were Don Draper, I'd tell Madison Avenue to go vintage this Christmas.

I think the Macy's "Yes Virginia" commericials from recent years are very sweet...

and I totally crack up every time I see Target's new crazy Christmas lady....


but nothing on television these days gives me the holiday warms fuzzies the way ads did when I was a little girl. A good Christmas commerical should do more than make you want to buy what the ad is selling, it should bring a tear to your eye...and make you want to buy the world a Coke...


I could never surprise my family the way Peter did back in 1982, waking up his parents with the smell of brewing coffee because well, in Tennessee unexpected vistors, even those toting pretty packages, are met with a gun... Still, Folgers sure captured the excitement of coming home for the holidays....and this one STILL makes me cry.


Remember when we didn't know how McNuggets were made, and the sight of Ronald McDonald made us smile instead of triggering our gag reflex? Those were the days....


These are some of my all-time favorite Christmas commericals. What are some of yours?

Photobucket 

1 comment:

Katy said...

Aww, I love those!!! Every Christmas while watching Christmas movies on TV, I think of the big older brother coming home and surprising the family. I keep wishing they would play that commercial again. And who can forget Ronald skating? Thanks for finding these and sharing them! I think you're onto something with these nostalgic memories of Christmas past. Don Draper, get on it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails