PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, April 5, 2010

My Morockin' Good Birthday

The journalist in me is dying: posting on a "story" that happened weeks ago = old news. However, the historian in me, who blogs for posterity's sake, needed to get this night documented...

During our honeymoon, Mr. W and I took a day trip to Morroco - it was fabulous, esepcially the food.

Morocco, 2009

So, when it came time to decide where I should dine for my birthday, I decided to go with Marrakesh, a Morocan restaurnt in DC that I'd heard for years was a fanastic experiece. It was!

Several of my friends who I hadn't seen in ages all piled around tiny coffee tables to dine, family style, on authenic Morocan dishes. But not before washing hands, of course, since we didn't use any forks... 


Between fanastic plates of veggies, couscous, chicken, beef and lamb...
 

we also left room for a bottle or seven of wine....


and maybe even a toast or two.....

After seven course and two rounds of belly dancers (how I wish I had pictures of that!), it proved to be one of the MOST fun birthdays I have EVER had. I would absolutely go back to this place....as long as all my fave friends will join me again!

Julie and Fran - at what point did you trade husbands?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails